DUK is a third-generation family business that still lives the traditional basic idea of high-quality, durable quality products.
From the very beginning, the company has produced with current manufacturing and quality standards. The technical know-how of the experienced DUK staff allows individual advice and support.
Our products, which are manufactured exclusively in Germany, allow individual , customer-specific adaptions due to the high degree of in-house production depth.
Family run in 3rd and 4th generation. We are here for you with pleasure...
Eckart & anke Maas
Lara - Kristin Maas, M.Sc.
Assistance to General Manager
Since 1925, the company name DUK has been known worldwide for high-quality and durable switchgear for automatic and manual control as well as protection in industrial plants and conveyor technology. The programme, which was initially designed for railway lines, has increasingly focused on switchgear over time.
Program: Slip ring bodies, eletrical accessoires for train lines and cable drums for industrial lignite mining
Successive chnage of program towards construction of switchgear away from railroad line
- Increasing communist influences in East Germany necessitate the move to West Germany
- First occupation of the present production facility in Giessen
Move to Giessen into own production buildings
- Re-establishment as Dittelbach and Kerzler
- Sons Martin Dittelbach and Helmut Kerzler join the company
- Multiple additions and expansion of production capacity
- Expansion of the switch program (patents)
- Design of the housing of the LHM switches still existing today
DUK becomes original equipment manufacturer for customers like AEG, BBC, Siemens and many others
- Additional offer of LHM also as LHP in polyester
Eckart Maas becomes general manager following his uncle Martin Dittelbach
- Successive diversification of switch types according to individual customer requirements
- Establishment and expansion of the network of distributors
- Development of markets on all inhabited continents
- ATEX certification of the Ex-protected switchgears
- Thus it is possible to produce switchgear for zone 21 and mining
- Approved exporter and registered exporter REX (Canada)
- Fastest possible and flexible customs clearance enables high responsiveness
Lara-Kristin Maas joins company after her postgraduate studies in environmental technologies in Great Britain